[mythtv-users] MythTranscode failure in 0.20 with status 0

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Wed Apr 11 21:23:17 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 15:54, Leland Weathers wrote:
> I am trying to run transcode (hitting 'X' while watching a recording). I
> have specified mpeg4 as the output (per
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/247229 since I had been
> getting the 278 status error previously) There is a cutlist (auto
> commercial flag job + manual edit of the beginning of the recording). The
> job fails fairly quickly.

I don't know if it's the same issue, but I've had problems transcoding
recordings made with my two MPEG-2 devices (a Hauppauge PVR-USB2 and an
AVerMedia AVerTV M150-D). The workaround I use is to first transcode them
WITHOUT a cutlist and to then transcode them with a cutlist. I generally do
the first transcode using lossless transcoding (and often the second, for
that matter, depending on what I want to do with the recording), so it goes
pretty quickly.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com