[mythtv-users] Which is better: Mythtv via component or vga/dvi?

Dan Brown dan at familybrown.org
Wed Apr 11 20:06:39 UTC 2007

Quoting Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com>:

> This new Panasonic I have had HDMI on it and my video card has DVI.
> Maybe that is the right path to take.  Of course, some xorg.conf

FWIW, the best resolution I could get via HDMI on my new Panasonic
(TH-50PH9UK) was 1280x720--I couldn't get it to accept anything at or
near the native resolution of 1366x768.  Using the VGA input allowed
me to use 1360x768.  Your hardware may differ; this was on my Intel
Mac Mini.

Can't really comment on the component input, as I've only used that
from my DVD player, not my computer.