[mythtv-users] Tiny wireless keyboard for Myth use?

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Wed Apr 11 19:27:54 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 13:26, Mike Dent wrote:
> Hi,
> can anybody recommend a very small wireless keyboard which is suitable
> for use controlling Myth?  Do you use a keyboard and how do you find
> it in comparison to a IR controller?

I personally wouldn't call it "tiny," but I use an wireless (IR) keyboard that
uses a receiver that plugs into the computer's PS/2 ports. It's a Lite-On
SK-7500 that's no longer readily available, although similar models are (try
a Google search; I'm afraid I don't have any URLs handy). Mine is smaller
than a standard desktop keyboard but larger than a typical laptop keyboard.
It uses a laptop-style layout, with no keypad and the cursor, function, and
other movement keys crammed around the main part of the key layout. It's also
got an integrated joystick-style mouse. It works fine with MythTV, and I've
configured my remote (an upgraded One For All URC-6131) to emulate the
keyboard, so I can use the remote to control MythTV for most purposes. I
generally only use the keyboard when I need to drop to the command line to do
something or when I want to type text (when renaming a recording or entering
a name for a manual recording, say).

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com