[mythtv-users] Empty zap2it schedule in data base in morning

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Wed Apr 11 19:00:01 UTC 2007

This is a second occurence and second post.

BACKGROUND: The box is MythDora 3.2. The service is Cox South San Diego ch
1 - 99 (non-digital). The network connection is an old Prism wireless
card. I have a root cron job to do a two ping hit on the router every two
minutes to keep it open. It's an obvious weak point.

EVENT: Twice now, but separated by more than a week, I have checked status
of the recordings before going to work and found that the schedule screen
is empty. In both cases, shutting down the back end and running
mythfilldatabase as root filled it just fine, and all was well.

OBSERVATIONS: In checking the cron log, I found I had misconfigured the
mythrename job, which I have user mythtv run. I had it running once a
minute from 02:00 hrs to 02:59. A bit excessive, and it may have been
keeping the machine occupied during the refresh from zap2it. It's now
corrected to run once a day at 02:11. Don't know why I picked that minute,
really.

No other entry in cron, messages, or the mythbackend.log appear
interesting ... but I'm a newbie, and hardly know what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any experience with this or idea what might be happening,
other than the renaming thrashing I so foolishly was running?

TIA,

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer