[mythtv-users] Firewire and 5c

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:31:22 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/11/07, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> pick up
> > all

> wouldn't
> box?
> > > >
> > > That is correct. Any ATSC/QAM tuner will be able to capture non 5c
> > streams.
> > >

> > I don't think so.   I have both HD-3000 and HDHomeRun tuners, and was
> not
> > able to capture any of the premium digital channels I subscribed to.  I
> > *had* to use one of Comcast's cable boxes hooked up via firewire for
> those
> > channels.
> >
> > I was able to capture my "local" HD channels from Comcast via my tuners,
> but
> > nothing else.
> >
> > John
> >

> Interesting.  Which premium channels did you recieve via FW?

Comcast in Albuquerque considers any HD channel whish is not a "local", to
be premium.   So, I am talking about DiscoveryHD, TNTHD, ESPNHD, etc.  I
could also record SD digital channels this way, such as BBCAmerica.

On January 4th 2007, they turned on "5C copy once" for all digital channels
except "locals", which killed my ability to record via firewire.  I took my
cable box back the next day, and have not had it since.

John