[mythtv-users] Mobo recommendations

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Apr 11 16:08:33 UTC 2007

On Apr 11, 2007, at 9:48 AM, Yan Seiner wrote:

> That's a good point....  My house is old - built in 1954 - and has
> been
> "re-muddled" several times, often by owners.  I've corrected some
> of the
> most egregious wiring errors but who knows what lurks in the walls.

Hmmm. I wish you wouldn't refer to your house as "old", as I was
"built" that same year.

But I was really referring to your local power utility's
infrastructure. Especially if you live in an area that has
experienced a lot of growth, or even existing homes that now pull a
lot more power than the 60 amps that used to be allocated to a single-
family house, you could have problems long before the electrons enter
your "old" home.

> That might even fit with the time; if people come home around 5 or 6PM
> power usage goes up and voltage might drop....
>
> I've always wanted a kill-a-watt; now maybe the time to get it.  :-)

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org