[mythtv-users] Digital Cable newbie questions

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Wed Apr 11 15:54:34 UTC 2007

Douglas Hitchcock wrote:
> Until now I've used only analog cable, to make my life simple.  Now
> Comcast is forcing digital on me, and I'm kind of annoyed.
>
> They tell me they're giving me a DCT 700 converter box, and I have no
> other choice.  Does anyone use a DCT 700 successfully and happily?
>
> I have dual tuners, a pvr250 and a pvr350, and a normal 4:3 tv.
>
> So I guess I need two converter boxes?
> That means I need two IR blasters?
>
> I have a microATX case with only one serial port, will the dual head
> one from http://www.irblaster.info/ work?  I thought I read somewhere
> about it had to be different kinds of boxes.
>
> I think that's it, thanks for indulging a digital cable newbie.  I've
> searched and read but, I am still confused, I've been willfully
> ignorant of these things until now and am trying to decide if I'm
> ready to learn, or switch cable companies :)

I wouldn't be too dedicated to switching cable companies since
everyone's gonna be required to have digital cable by 2/17/2009. It's
going to be a slight PITA to get the digital boxes setup, but it will
all work out in the end.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/life.aspx?articleid=13249&zoneid=10

--
Josh