[mythtv-users] Digital Cable newbie questions

Douglas Hitchcock clarkaddison at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:28:29 UTC 2007

Until now I've used only analog cable, to make my life simple.  Now Comcast
is forcing digital on me, and I'm kind of annoyed.

They tell me they're giving me a DCT 700 converter box, and I have no other
choice.  Does anyone use a DCT 700 successfully and happily?

I have dual tuners, a pvr250 and a pvr350, and a normal 4:3 tv.

So I guess I need two converter boxes?
That means I need two IR blasters?

I have a microATX case with only one serial port, will the dual head one
from http://www.irblaster.info/ work?  I thought I read somewhere about it
had to be different kinds of boxes.

I think that's it, thanks for indulging a digital cable newbie.  I've
searched and read but, I am still confused, I've been willfully ignorant of
these things until now and am trying to decide if I'm ready to learn, or
switch cable companies :)