[mythtv-users] No ATI support for Myth says AMD

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:59:31 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/10/07, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Their decision has to make Nvidia smile.
> >

> Yes Nvidia is smiling because they just have to continue doing the bare
> minimum too support linux/mythTV and they will soon reach 99% market share
> by default.

I hope not.   Yeah, they are better in Linux than ATI, but they still
only provide a closed source binary driver that has had more than its
share of issues with slow response from nVidia.

I'm hoping the intel GPU drivers continue on their path with fully
open source drivers, and even a new more capable video acceleration
API for MPEG2/MPEG4/WMV/H.264 (which intel developers are apparently
working on, given recent messages in the xorg mailing list).

Anyway, the ATI support entry was nonsense.  MythTV is not a supported
feature?   Is xterm a supported feature?      Do they mean XvMC?  We
all know that's not supported.