[mythtv-users] Whats the difference between nvidia MX4000 and 5200

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 11 13:52:39 UTC 2007

On 04/11/2007 06:52 AM, A JM wrote:
> This is a quote from Jarod's site hopefully he won't mind...
>
> "My $35 GeForce 6200TC works extremely well with anything MythTV can
> throw at it, and can interface with just about any sort of input on
> any TV (HDTV, projector, analog tube, monitor, etc) I've seen."
>
> He seems to buy off on the 6200 series cards so I assume he's bought
> off on the picture controls problem related to the card?

It all comes down to whether you're the type who needs to change
hue/color/brightness/contrast.  I never have, but I know some who get
very upset by the fact that they can't (though I'm not sure they really
would if they could).

As far as an appropriate CPU, I mean one that can decode the video (at
the speed you request--if you're the timestretch type, like I am) you
record in software without offloading any part to the GPU.  (That's as
specific as I'm willing to go.)  If you have such a processor, you don't
need XvMC.

Mike