[mythtv-users] Slow Deletes option?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 11 13:52:22 UTC 2007

James Pifer wrote:
> >From the "Best Filesystem Type" thread... where exactly is Slow Deletes?
> I use ext3 and I believe I have this issue on occasion. I watched a show
> the other night, finished it, deleted it, and the mythbackend crashed.
> Monit brough it back up in short order, but 24 was recording at the time
> so I have about a minute gap in the show...oops!
>
> So I'd really like to enable this option but I can't find it. I'm
> running version 0.20-139.fc5.at. Is it in this version somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
> James

If I remember correctly, its on the first (general) settings page in
mythtv-setup. Are you aware that with ext3  your maximum file size is
4Gb and trying to record a file larger than that will cause a crash? You
might want to think about switching your recording partition to XFS or
another large file enabled filesystem.