[mythtv-users] Linux for VIA EPIA-M

Graham Smith gqsmith at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 11 06:29:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Tom Weichmann wrote:
> I know that this is a little off topic, but I am the proud owner of a VIA
> EPIA M fresh off eBay and I am looking for Linux distros that work with
> this.  I planned on using openSuSE 10.2, but it seems to not support the C3
> processor as the boot CD did not boot...
>
> I'm using  iMedia MythTV right now, but I don't like it that much.  It is
> kind of a pain.
>
> Anyone have better ideas?

I have a number of EPIA boards running on openSUSE 10.2 without any problems.
I'm using a modified boot CD and a NFS install using autoyast. I  had a
problem with the 10.2 boot disk and am using a modified 10.1 boot CD image.

I suggest you use the 10.1 boot disk and use it to do a ftp install of
openSUSE 10.2

BTW, packman has the myth rpms.

--
Regards,