[mythtv-users] Foxtel (Australia) and MythTV

Nick Tan nick at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Apr 11 04:25:03 UTC 2007

Damien Dusha wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am half-considering gettting Foxtel, and I'm just wondering if anyone
> has any experience/success in integrating it into MythTV.
>
> If so, how much effort was it, and what did you have to do?  If there
> anything I need to look out for?
>
> For those outside Australia, Foxtel is the cable TV provider here.
>
> Cheers
> Damien.

Hi Damien,

I have Optus Digital which is exactly the same as Foxtel, but re-branded
with Optus.

I have a PVR-150 card which I capture via S-video from the cable box.  I
use a home made serial IR transmitter to change the channels on the box.
  What you need to do is setup a new instance of lirc to control the
transmitter to change channels (I followed the instructions in:
http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html).
  You will also need a copy of the IR codes for the foxtel remote.  I
don't have that with me because I'm at work now, but if you search the
list archives there'll be a link in there somewhere to the codes.

Make sure you go through the onscreen menus on the box to configure the
video output of the box.  I'm using a SCART to S-video cable and had to
configure the video out to be s-video, otherwise I only got a black and
white picture.

If you get stuck at any point feel free to ask me for any help.

Nick