[mythtv-users] Firewire and 5c

Chris Funk cfunk30myth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 02:26:47 UTC 2007

On 4/10/07, Michael Eldridge <meldridge at mac.com> wrote:

> I checked the Interface/Port Status for HBO and it's the same as IFC. IFC
> I can get over Firewire. HBO, I can't.
>
> Here's pics of the diagnostics menu for IFC (ch 503).
>
> http://meldridge.com/ifc.html
>
> HBO-W (ch 551) is exactly the same. 5C is off for both channels. Not sure
> what's going on. Ideas?
>

> Thanks Michael,
>
> Do you not get them because you don't subscribe, or just can't get them
> over firewire?
> My last thought on it is maybe it is signal strength? I have the backend
> and
> slave backend hooked up after it is split a couple times. Gonna try
> hooking
> it up direct without the splitters tonight and see if that helps.
>
> Chris

Yep, screen shots look the same as mine.  I took Steve's advice and upgraded
one of my slave backends (actually made it a master) to SVN.  (atrpms
bleeding)   Had exactly the same results as with .20.154.  When I would try
and tune channel 550. (digital hbo) it would say signal 100% and then
Partial Lock.  it would then kick me out gracefully to the "couldn't get a
lock screen"  I tried bumping up the time to get a lock, that didn't seem to
help. Also tried using test-mpeg2 about 20 or 30 times never getting any
results.

Not sure if there is anything left to try, but i'm open to suggestions.

Thanks
Chris