[mythtv-users] Whats the difference between nvidia MX4000 and 5200

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Apr 10 20:44:04 UTC 2007

On Apr 10, 2007, at 2:37 PM, A JM wrote:

> I would avoid the mx4000 as I currently have one in an Ubuntu system
> and it's playing very well... it's downright broken at the moment and
> I've tried all I can find to try and fix it...
>
> It also was recently "legacy'd" as previously mentioned, no more
> support. It will be well worth the extra $'s to buy something more
> current I'm currently looking at the 6200 series.

There is the matter of the chroma-key support in the 5000 series and
not in the later cards. The only practical difference that I'm aware
of that might be of concern to Myth users is that it's much easier to
get a color OSD when using XvMC with a 5000-series card.

Obviously only of interest to a minority of users, but if you are
part of that minority...

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org