[mythtv-users] Whats the difference between nvidia MX4000 and 5200

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Apr 10 20:33:25 UTC 2007

On Apr 10, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Rod Smith wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 April 2007 14:53, Mitch Gore wrote:
>> On 4/10/07, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
>
>>> $20 cheaper would be "free"?  I picked up a pci 5200 for $20 several
>>> months ago.  You can find them for $20-30 if you look around hard
>>> enough.
>>
>> Where?!  I am unable to find them.
>
> If you're willing to invest the time, you may be able to pick up a
> bargain on
> eBay. Of course, most eBay merchandise is used, but some is new. If
> you want
> a new nVidia 5200 card for ~$20, though, you'll probably have to watch
> several auctions over the course of several days, and perhaps
> several weeks.

They are available new for $40 from several sources. I guess it just
depends on whether you have more spare time or more spare money.

The aggravation of dealing with an auction, possibly getting ripped
off, getting a unit without a factory warranty and dealing with how
to pay for it and ship it is worth a lot more than $20 to me, but
maybe not to the OP.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org