[mythtv-users] udev and DVB problems

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:38:44 UTC 2007

I had a very similar problem using freecom usb tuners on knoppmyth
r5e50, but I could only get 1 of 2 to work at any one time. dmesg was
fine, sticks being detected, and the firmware files being loaded OK.

I tried all sorts of things to fix it, tried the dvb script from the
dvb-usb howto etc etc, and nothing worked, until bizarrely I plugged
in a third tuner and it suddenly started picking up all three
correctly and creating the /dev devices.

Later today, when I get home I'll post the bit from the knoppmyth
rules about the dvb sticks, it may be slightly different to what you
have. knoppmyth is based on debian these days.

cheers

gaz