[mythtv-users] Audio out of sync in Mytharchive generated DVD

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Apr 10 10:34:04 UTC 2007

Chris Weiland wrote:

> On 4/9/07, *Paul Harrison* <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
> <mailto:mythtv at dsl.pipex.com>> wrote:
>
>     Chris Weiland wrote:
>     > I'm trying to archive a few of my recordings to DVD using
>     Mytharchive,
>     > which worked beautifully, except that the audio was out of sync by
>     > about 3-5 seconds.  It was out of sync by a consistent amount
>     through
>     > the entire one hour recording.  Just to make sure that it wasn't a
>     > result of myth's dvd player, I tried playing the DVD in xine and a
>     > commercial DVD player (PowerDVD) on a different computer with
>     the same
>     > results.  The audio WAS in sync during the DVD's splash screen, but
>     > just not while playing back the recording.
>     >
>     > So, I have it narrowed down to a problem with the actual
>     generation of
>     > the DVD a/v streams.  The first time I tried to make the DVD, I
>     had it
>     > set to PAL instead of NTSC, but the 2nd time around, I used
>     NTSC, like
>     > I should, however, I had the same result (with a little better
>     > picture).  The wiki article also suggests setting "Always use
>     > Transcode", which was on in both tries.  I got all of the
>     dependencies
>     > from apt except mjpegtools, which I had to compile myself.  I
>     assume
>     > that the "Transcode" dependency listed on the wiki is mythtv's built
>     > in transcoder - if not, that could be my problem.
>     >
>     > Other than that, I don't really know what to make of it.  I don't
>     > really want to mess around with it until I know what to do because
>     > each try takes about 2 hours to burn, plus the disk.
>     >
>     > Thanks in advance.
>     >

>     Which version are you using?
>
>     Paul H.

> MythTV 0.20-fixes as of march, and everything else that is on the
> testing branch of apt.

That's a pity. I'd have liked to have seen the stream start times from
the progress.log but there only available in the svn trunk version. If
you can use MythArchive to create a native archive of an original
recording, preferably a small one :-), that produces this problem and
provide it for download somewhere then I will see what is causing it
otherwise there's not much I can do since I have never had this problem.

Paul H.