[mythtv-users] how to disable the delete recording option ?

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Tue Apr 10 06:46:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, April 10, 2007 04:40, Pietralla, Siegfried P wrote:
> hi all,
>
> just a quick follow up  :
>
> when you finish watching a recording, you get prompted on whether to
> delete the recording or keep it - this is what was confusing the other
> people who use my myth system. that was the basis for my original
> question - and too obvious to me for it to be included in my question :)
> anyway, i just happened to find a setup option that turns off that
> prompt, hence resolving the problem i was actually having.

It might be nice if you actually mentioned where/what that option is, for
archive reasons, so if someone just *happens* to search before asking
(yeah, I know, a rare phenomenon, but one can always dream!), they'd know
as well...

> as suggested, i also tried to un-map the delete key, but it won't let
> you have no keys mapped to delete (!).

Then map it to something ridiculous...

> i also like the chattr idea - thinking about it, it shouldn't be hard to
> write a little script to turn this on ( and also off again ) and call it
> as a user job. i can see where you can run user jobs when you schedule a
> recording ( so you can easily protect new recordings ), but how can you
> run a user job after a program has been recorded ? ( so that you can
> protect existing recordings and then also later turn of the 'chattr +i'
> e.g. the same way you can run comm. flagging and transcoding against any
> already recorded file ).

IIRC (don't have my mythtv box handy right now) it is possible to run the
userjobs manually as well?...

--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250