[mythtv-users] MythTV Sirius Satellite Radio Integration

Chris Everest chriseverest at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 04:19:36 UTC 2007

On 4/9/07, Chris Everest <chriseverest at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gabe...  A screenshot is a bit hard for me, because I am strictly on a
> TV.  When my wife gets done with watching "The Bachelor", I'll give it a
> shot.  However, I use DPMS on my mythtv, so the screen blanks after 10
> minutes of inactivity while in the menus.  So far, sipie is not causing my
> DPMS to disable.  So...  No worries.

Let me answer my own post...

1.) To set the font size on Fedora.. run gnome-font-properties (in xterm)
and change the "Application Font".  This controls the font size.  I know
this is a bit weird for a desktop, but myth is my main app, so it doesn't
really bother anything. Whether in kde or gnome it still works, because
wxGTK is using the GTK properties.  However, kde seems a bit flaky,maybe
because it's not loading gnome-session???

2.)  DPMS is tricky, because I switched my mplayer to use lirc (so I can
control volume), but when the screen blanks I cannot unblank with my remote
because mplayer has focus and will not wake up the screen.  It's a catch
22.  I'll have to find a fix for this.

--
Chris Everest