[mythtv-users] Anyone using Ubuntu Feisty myth packages

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 03:32:29 UTC 2007

On 10/04/07, Mario Limonciello <mario.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Since edgy release, I have been working with maintenance on the Ubuntu
> packages.
>
> I *do* use all the packages that I build on all of my frontends and
> backends.  They do indeed track the 0.20-fixes branch within reason.  Due
> to Ubuntu's release procedure, you won't commonly see updates between the 6
> month releases unless something big needs to be updated.
>
> Hold off until Feisty release to use the packages though.  I have one more
> set of changes coming in that should hopefully be the final resolution to
> all of the DB issues people encounter due to group membership/misreading of
> debconf dialogs and such.  The version on the packages will be
> 0.20-svn20070122-0.0ubuntu5.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mario

Hi Mario,

Maybe you could help point me in the right direction...

I have been considering creating a .deb that is an "empty" (metal) package
that installs all the required development libraries for source compilation.

The other possibility would be to maintain a list of the package names that
are needed to compile, this could be a wiki article and could then be
maintained by the community.

I think the wiki is probably the best way to go as it can be updated easily
as trunk changes, eg the new taglib requirement for mythmusic.

The other part of the problem is the /etc/init.d/* scripts needed and others
scripts. I guess it would be best if we used the scripts that your *.debs
use if you don't mind.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Roo.