[mythtv-users] FC5 -> FC6 x86_64 backend & frontend upgrade(s)?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Apr 10 01:14:39 UTC 2007

I'm about to take the plunge and upgrade my backend and frontend systems
from FC5 to FC6, and, since I use Axel's rpms (atrpms), I was wondering
if there were any major "gotchas".

I could do a live YUM upgrade, but, unfortunately, it isn't all that
easy with an x86_64 system (which is what I have). :(  I think my only
way around it would be to netboot it (boot off of the DVD) and run the
upgrade from there, but I am wondering if it is going to freak out
because all of the "foreign" RPMS from the mythtv suite from atrpms..

Anyone gone through this with x86_64 from FC5->FC6?  Is it going to take
the hours (that I am envisioning) to get everything stable (with mythtv)
again?

-Rich