[mythtv-users] Mobo died - how to restore DB

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Mon Apr 9 22:28:22 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 18:18 -0400, Matt wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    So... my motherboard finally gave out today.  What's the best way
> for me to recover my database off my hard drive?

You might actually be able to get away with just replacing the
motherboard and booting the computer up again. Linux is pretty resilient
about having the hardware configuration change. Then just let MySQL do
its automated recovery at bootup (assuming that the motherboard going
out was a hard crash) and you're all set.

If that's not an option, just get the db data files off of that box and
use another box with the same version of mysql running to recover the
db.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837