[mythtv-users] Adding second tuner card - failing miserably!

Gordon O'Brien gordon.obrien at mediasquare.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 22:03:57 UTC 2007

Hi
I HAD a very stable mythtv (MythDora) box running with a single PVR-350 card. All worked perfectly.
I recently bought a Nova DVB-T PCI tuner card and added it to my system. I spent several days trying to get it working but with little success.

I have completely reinstalled my MythDora box with both cards in situ. Both cards were seen OK and I could watch Live TV through the DVB card, however I couldn't view Analog TV through the PVR-350.
Then the 350 card worked and the DVB didn't. Then neither worked, and then one did ...etc ...etc
What i have since found is that the pvr-350 which was detected and configured as dev/video0 after a reboot became dev/video1. Adding Input connections for dev/video1 brought the tuner back online. after a reboot it reverted back to dev/video0 and now my DVB card doesn't work!

This is driving me absolute nuts! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gordon