[mythtv-users] Audio out of sync in Mytharchive generated DVD

Chris Weiland hobbiticus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 21:38:54 UTC 2007

I'm trying to archive a few of my recordings to DVD using Mytharchive, which
worked beautifully, except that the audio was out of sync by about 3-5
seconds.  It was out of sync by a consistent amount through the entire one
hour recording.  Just to make sure that it wasn't a result of myth's dvd
player, I tried playing the DVD in xine and a commercial DVD player
(PowerDVD) on a different computer with the same results.  The audio WAS in
sync during the DVD's splash screen, but just not while playing back the
recording.

So, I have it narrowed down to a problem with the actual generation of the
DVD a/v streams.  The first time I tried to make the DVD, I had it set to
PAL instead of NTSC, but the 2nd time around, I used NTSC, like I should,
however, I had the same result (with a little better picture).  The wiki
article also suggests setting "Always use Transcode", which was on in both
tries.  I got all of the dependencies from apt except mjpegtools, which I
had to compile myself.  I assume that the "Transcode" dependency listed on
the wiki is mythtv's built in transcoder - if not, that could be my problem.

Other than that, I don't really know what to make of it.  I don't really
want to mess around with it until I know what to do because each try takes
about 2 hours to burn, plus the disk.

Thanks in advance.