[mythtv-users] 5.1 Surround with the Internal Player for Videos

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Apr 9 20:06:42 UTC 2007

Markus Keil wrote:
> Hi!
>
> is it possible to get correct 5.1 Surround audiooutput for videos played with
> MythVideo and the internal player? With Xine it works perfektly, but i like
> the integration with the Internal style.

Sure.  I use the internal player with MythVideo and I get full 5.1.
Have you checked out the wiki entries:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound_with_AC3_and_SPDIF

I'm not sure how your set up is, though.  Are you using an external
receiver to decode the 5.1 surround, or does your motherboard have the
individual speaker output (l/r rear, l/r front, center, subwoofer)?

-Rich