[mythtv-users] Mobo recommendations

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Apr 9 14:40:44 UTC 2007

OK, I'm throwing in the towel....  My Gigabit mobo has got to go....

I've got a Core2Duo mobo that apparently has some interrupt or bus problems.

       product: 945PL-S3
       vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       physical id: 0
       version: x.x

Everything checks out, but during recording I get this:

Losing some ticks... checking if CPU frequency changed.
warning: many lost ticks.
Your time source seems to be instable or some driver is hogging interupts
rip __do_softirq+0x4a/0xc4
ivtv0: All encoder VBI stream buffers are full. Dropping data.
ivtv0: Cause: the application is not reading fast enough.

And every time the hard drives get accessed the recording gets
corrupted.  I've seen this in the past with ultra-cheap mobos and irq
interrupts...

I suspect the problem is that the mobo only has 3 IRQ lines that are
shared between eth0, 4 SATA drives, 4 USB controllers, 2 video cards,
and the capture cards...

So....

Anyone have any recommendations for a mobo that has (ideally) 4 PCI
slots (3 min), 1 PCIe-16x slot, can handle 4 SATA drives, and actually
works well with Myth?

Thanks,

--Yan