[mythtv-users] Strange Problems with LIRC from SVN

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 13:15:45 UTC 2007

I have been trying to get LIRC to work on MythTV. I have built MythTV
using the latest SVN version (so this could in theory be a bug but i
doubt it). LIRC seems to be working, ok as irw provides correct
output. ~/.mythtv/lircrc contains key bindings for the same keys.

However mythfrontend does not seem to respond to my remote. I tried
making mythlib/lirc.cpp to display a message when its initialised.
However the message never loads. I don't know mythtv code that well so
I am only guessing that the class is needed for native lirc. I did
check my way of displaying the message was working by doing the same
thing to mythlib/mythcontext.cpp which did work.

mythfrontend --version shows use_lirc is compiled in.

I would be really grateful if anyone has any ideas of what to try next.

Charlie