[mythtv-users] MythTV performance in a demanding real-life environment

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Apr 9 13:01:23 UTC 2007

* On Mon Apr 09, 2007 at 12:18:43AM -0700, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> detail. Right now, my setup is recording three streams (two FireWire
> HD, one OTA non-HD [but which bitrate and resulting file size is
> essentially HD-like]) while playing a fourth HD stream and running
> three commflag jobs (two realtime) on "High."

Just wanted to comment on the commflag jobs.  A ~realtime commflag
job normally uses much less CPU than a non-realtime job because most
machines can flag much faster than realtime, so the ~realtime job
spends most of it's time just sleeping waiting to process the next
frame.  Just wanted to clarify in case anyone tries to compare running
X ~realtime vs X (or Y) non-realtime.

--
Chris