[mythtv-users] "Master backend override" doesn't work on slave FEs?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Apr 9 03:14:45 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Sun Apr 08, 2007 at 06:38:24PM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
>
>> Here's the scenario.  I've got a master frontend/backend, a slave
>> frontend/backend, and two remote frontends.  The recording directory on
>> the master backend is exported via NFS, so the slave backend can record
>> to it.  "Master backend override" is set.
>>

> This scenario should work from any frontend with Master Backend Override
> turned ON.  What version of MythTV are you running so I know whether
> you are dealing with the new Storage Groups in SVN trunk or with the old
> code in 0.20 and previous?

0.20-fixes.

I looked through my settings to see if I'd gotten something wrong. (I
did recently switch some IPs around so that's always a possibility.)
Everything looks kosher to me, though.  Master Backend Override is a
global setting, right?  I'm assuming I should only have to enable it
once to affect all frontends.