[mythtv-users] Hand editing before transcoding

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Mon Apr 9 01:35:55 UTC 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007 20:54, Lan Barnes wrote:
> Is there a tool that allows you to enter "start-stop" marks in a file
> before transcoding it for archiving?

What precisely do you want to achieve? I can think of three possible intents:

1) If you want to edit out parts of a recording, you can do so using MythTV's
   built-in editor. See
   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Removing_Commercials for details.

2) If you want to have playback pause at a particular point on subsequent
   playbacks, I don't know of a way to do it.

3) If you want to insert custom break points (like DVD chapter marks), I also
   don't know of a way to do it. The current MythArchive does insert DVD
   chapter marks when you master a DVD, but they're just inserted at regular
   points -- typically every few minutes, depending on the length of the
   file.

--
Rod Smith
http://www.rodsbooks.com