[mythtv-users] DVB-S cards

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sun Apr 8 18:00:15 UTC 2007

On 8 Apr 2007, at 11:29, Razza wrote:
> Peter Spikings wrote:
> 08 April 2007 10:59
>>
>> I couldn't find the thread to which you are referring,
>> presumably it is
>> on this list? If so, can you provide the subject?
>
> Technotrend maybe?

Replying to this post because Peter's hasn't arrived here, yet.

The thread is on the second page of <http://tinyurl.com/3dzby6>,
specifically <http://tinyurl.com/2m7urs>.

http://www.dvbshop.net used to sell the Hauppauge cards and say "but
this alternative is identical and a little cheaper" [1]; now they no
longer do so but a search of their site for  "hauppauge" brings up a
bunch of Technotrend cards, so Razza may well be right. Certainly
DVBshop discuss Linux-compatibility of their Technotrend cards, so
I'll be inclined to shop there when I'm ready to buy.

> So does anyone know if the T.Rex/Dragon combo works in Linux?

For subscription Sky services? I've never encountered anyone who is
using it under Linux - I'm sure compatibility has never been
confirmed on this list.

Stroller.

[1] I think the price difference was actually only really significant
if you wanted the CI module.