[mythtv-users] Running mythfilldatabase while recording

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 17:16:03 UTC 2007

> Given the choice of running while recording and while not
> recording, I choose not recording.

Of course, there is a third option (other than moving to SVN):  run mysqld
on a separate server.  This won't work for everyone, but if you have a spare
machine, or if you already have other machines running 24x7 on your network
(in my case, I have a web/database server), moving the mythconverg database
to another machine nicely solved my issues with recordings sputtering when
mythfilldatabase was running.

Brett.