[mythtv-users] DVB-S cards

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Apr 8 16:42:15 UTC 2007

S2 wrote:
> On Friday 06 April 2007 17:51, Robert wrote:
>> Err.  Not sure.  Personally I have an hauppauge  HVR3000 - it's not very
>> well supported, the drivers are experimental and as a result I'm
>> currently stuck at kernel 2.6.18.
>
> Hi Robert,
> it looks like 2.6.20 has native support for the cx88 chip
> (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=356610), at least in ubuntu feisty.

Interesting.  I'll have to have a better look at that.  But I think that
only analog and DVB-T are supported in the kernel drivers.  For DVB-S
you need to patch in the latest code by Steven Toth - last time I tried
this I got a lot of compile failures and never managed to get it all
working.  I eventually gave up as I didn't really need to upgrade the
kernel anyway.

Robert.