[mythtv-users] MythTV Sirius Satellite Radio Integration

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Sun Apr 8 07:18:46 UTC 2007

Josh wrote:
> Well, I have finally sat down and integrated Sirius Satellite Radio with
> both of my MythTV frontends. It was so easy to get setup I figured I'd
> create a Wiki article to document how I did it. I'm actually pretty
> happy with the results and I hope people find it useful.

Excellent directions.  I never heard of sipie before, and am very
excited about being able to stream Howard and Boombox under Linix.  I
had it working in just a few minutes.  Though no GUI comes up.  Is there
a way to tell what the missing component is if you just see the song
list come up on the command line?

> Take note that this is a "hack" (as I point out a few times in the Wiki)
> and NOT a real plug-in so it doesn't do a lot of the things I originally
> wanted it to do... I started to develop a plug-in and then they
> announced the Sirius-XM merger. Then on top of that, I stumbled upon a
> python script called sipie (which is what ended up being the core of the
> Wiki article) and decided that I didn't need to invest a lot of time
> into a plug-in that could end up being defunct in a few months. At any
> rate, check it out and let me know what you think and please feel free
> to correct the Wiki or add any useful information you discover.

Mel Karmazin has already stated that even after the merger, all hardware
from both manufacturers will continue to run.  I see no reason why the
streams would be any different, if that's the case.