[mythtv-users] DIsable auto recording/saving of some livetv channels and howto start in LiveTV mode by default ?

Dave dave at 0bits.com
Sun Apr 8 05:43:48 UTC 2007

Hi gurus,

Two fairly simple questions.

1. Is there a way to tag certain channels to NOT be recorded (all live
tv is really a recording) by default ? For example i really don't want
to watch yesterdays news from CNN, BBC or SKY tomorrow, so can i tag
those channels to never record and only show me live broadcasts ?

I know i can set up 'tvtime' or something like that in a myth menu and
just show those using the

   http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Creating_a_TV_Bouquet

instructions i wrote up. Should this be an RFE ?

2. How can i by default start in Live TV mode ? Is there a post startup
user script mythtv looks for so i can do

   echo jump livetv | telnet 0 6546

? My wife doesn't really want to see the menu by default and click ok
for the watch tv selection.

thanks