[mythtv-users] OT: which NAS-appliance can you recommand

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Apr 8 05:18:41 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> says:
> That's odd since it's the same exact code.  Mythbackend just
> instantiates a JobQueue instance and mythjobqueue's main.cpp
> does the same exact thing.  Did you ever get a backtrace?

I didn't; sorry. I especially noticed this phenomenon when, for a
while, I was running a slave backend in a VMware virtual machine. The
increased filesystem/networking latency that the VM added was pretty
much guaranteed to kill mythcommflag (as opposed to mythtranscode; for
any developers out there, please please consider adding the same types
of file hiccup-handling latency to mythcommflag as mythtranscode
already has so the former won't die any time file streams get hung up
for more than a second or two. See
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/258846#258846>
for what I'm talking about.) and/or severely confuse it (having it
decide there were 257 commercial breaks in a half-hour show).

Also, I recall something about how mythjobqueue isn't good about
restarting transcode or commflag jobs that have been killed externally
the way mythbackend does.