[mythtv-users] nuvoexport errors

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 05:09:31 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:

> When running nuvexport I get
> This version of nuvexport requires either the cvs or svn version of ffmpeg
>
> I am not sure when this happened but I think it was around the time I
> upgraded to the most recent mythtv version.  I had set up myth2ipod and
> it was working but the latest mythtv upgrade broke the myth2ipod
> functionality and also my ability to use nuvexport.  I have tried to
> resolve this on my own but have not had any luck so far.
>
> When I type mythtvbackend --version I get the following
> $ mythbackend --version
> Library API version: 0.20.20060828-3
> Source code version: Unknown
> Options compiled in:
> linux release using_xvmcw using_lmsensors using_v4l using_oss
> using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire using_dbox2
> using_hdhr using_ip_rec using_freebox using_live using_lirc
> using_joystick_menu using_dvb using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc
> using_xvmc_vld using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend
> using_backend using_bindings_perl
>

> I finally have some time to work on this and any help would be
> appreciated.

Check out where your ffmpeg is coming from. I had to exclude ffmpeg* x264*
and libx264* in livna, dries and freshrpms to allow the  ffmpeg from ATrpms
to be loaded. It also meant substituting mplayer, transcode, mythvideo for
the ATrpms versions. After that, nuvexport started working out fine.

--
/\_/\
|O O|  pepebuho at pananet.com
~~~~ Javier Perez