[mythtv-users] Can't record more than 1 and a half hours of Live TV

John jbd at pbptech.com
Sun Apr 8 02:45:11 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am wondering if you could give me any hints as to why I can't get MythTV to
record any more than 1 hour 32 minutes of Live TV. Is there a setting I need
to change?

If I goto "Watch Recorded Programs" after it has completed a 5 hour
recording, it shows the file is 13GB and 5:12:00 in length, but when I look
at the file on the drive it is only 4GB and I can only watch 1:32:42 of video.

I'm using MythTV 0.20 on Ubuntu Linux 2.6.19 kernel, and have a 500 GB XFS
partition for recordings. Encoder is a Avermedia A16AR DVB-T Hybrid PCI card.

Any help would be greatly appretiated.

Happy Eostre,
John.