[mythtv-users] Image corruption RESOLVED (I hope)

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Apr 7 17:57:23 UTC 2007

A while back I wrote about image corruption while recording.  I've been
steadily chipping away at the problem, and it seems to have gone away.

Upgrade to the latest kernel: 2.6.20.4
Upgrade to the latest ivtv: 0.10.1

Increase the buffers available to ivtv (that's as high as they go on my
system):

  modprobe ivtv enc_mpg_buffers=8 enc_vbi_buffers=8 enc_yuv_buffers=8
enc_pcm_buffers=4

I also tweaked the BIOS a bit - for some reason the default IDE
configuration didn't work and changing it to Enhanced from AUto

--Yan