[mythtv-users] Is locking tables important when backing up mythconverg?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 7 14:55:58 UTC 2007

On 04/06/2007 10:33 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> So I have this script
> (<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/247868#247868>)
> that I run every two hours to back up mythconverg.

As I had previously discussed--and then decided against--I am now, once
again, planning to add automatic repair, optimize, analyze, and backup
into mythbackend's housekeeper.  It should be there by the time 0.21
comes out (unless someone gets super motivated and puts out 0.21 very
quickly...).  (Thanks to input from Chris Pinkham, I think we now have a
reliable and safe plan for implementation.)

Oh, and for those who have moved to SVN trunk because of the, "I
accidentally upgraded my system and can't go back because I didn't back
up the database first," thing, the database upgrade will also backup
your database automatically before upgrading the database.  :)

Sure, this doesn't help you, yet, but I just thought you might like to
know it's on the horizon so you could take the "easy" way out (i.e. just
back up at times when your box is very unlikely to be in use) for now.

Oh, and it will likely be a daily backup--rather than a 2-hourly
backup.  But, if you're really that concerned, you could always change
the source in your copy.

Now that I've mentioned I'm going to get this in, I guess I have to find
time to work on it...  :(

Mike