[mythtv-users] MythTV snv: Internal Player with mpeg2 files - wrong length a

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Apr 7 00:19:42 UTC 2007

On 04/06/2007 06:42 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:

>>> So how do the seek tables get referenced for MythVideo files? I thought
>>> it was only the TV player that looked for them...
>>>
>> Take a look at "mythcommflag --video".
>>
> Thanks Mike - that explains it - not accessible via a remote control, only
> a keyboard and an xterm...

The same as putting the file in the MythVideo directory?

But I was mainly saying to look at the code around that to see how
seektables work with videos...  I don't put MPEG-2 files into my
MythVideo directory to play with the Internal player, so I have no
experience with the requirements.

(But, I don't think it's required, and I know there have been some
changes in SVN trunk for playback without seektables, and I don't know
how well 0.20-fixes works for this.  So you'll either have to dig
through the code yourself or wait until someone qualified to discuss the
playback of MPEG-2 videos using the Internal player without seektables
joins the thread.)

Mike