[mythtv-users] MythTV Sirius Satellite Radio Integration

Jay jay at donoghue.org
Fri Apr 6 23:47:53 UTC 2007

On 4/6/07, Josh <TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com> wrote:

> That's a fair question and I can only give you details about my
> installation and I point it out in the Wiki that 7/10 times I choose a
> station, I get a stream in < 10 seconds and the other 3 times it's take
> 10 to 20 seconds. ONE time (and never since) it took 30 - 45 seconds for
> a stream to start. Since I went from no Sirius at all on my Myth box to
> having Integrated access to the streams, I don't mind the sub 10 second
> delay.

This delay is consistent with what I have seen as well.  I listen to Sirius
on my Myth box (and MVP frontends) using the Sirius plugin for Slimserver.
Most of the time the channel change is within 5-10 seconds.  I dont think
that is any worse than listening to the stream using a PC with Windows Media
Player.. I'm just happy to not have to fire up the laptop.

 - J