[mythtv-users] No HD listings after 4/14 with DataDirect

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Apr 6 19:29:25 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/06/2007 07:54 AM, Doug Larrick wrote:
>> Here's a thought... since these are HD channels, anybody care to post a
>> guide for using EIT (on-air guide) instead of DataDirect for these channels?
>
> That will mess with duplicate detection...  Besides--and more
> importantly--it seems to be getting better.  See
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/262190#262190 .

Today is another day and I spoke to soon. I didn't find any
updates to existing entries for today. Further, this effect
discussed in this thread is new so the problems may actually
be getting worse.

My looking at my mfdb logs, I can see the totals for setting
flags at the end of each run. "Marking generic episodes" gives
the total number of unidentified showings and the first and last
flagging show the total number of unique episodes. Historically
I had ~0.7 generic per unique. Around March 20th, this ration
started to steadily increase each day until a few days ago. It
reached 1.0 on the 27th and now the ration is ~1.35 generic per
unique.

My HD channels from local stations have no new data past 5am
of the 15th. This would indicate that this problem stated around
the 1st of April and is a new effect in addition to the problem
that started around the 20th of March.

All the data is included and up to date for TMS' tvlistings.com
database but not in TMS' DataDirect database.

Just trying to tell you what DataDirect won't =).

--  bjm