[mythtv-users] MythTV Sirius Satellite Radio Integration

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Fri Apr 6 17:02:25 UTC 2007

Well, I have finally sat down and integrated Sirius Satellite Radio with
both of my MythTV frontends. It was so easy to get setup I figured I'd
create a Wiki article to document how I did it. I'm actually pretty
happy with the results and I hope people find it useful.

Take note that this is a "hack" (as I point out a few times in the Wiki)
and NOT a real plug-in so it doesn't do a lot of the things I originally
wanted it to do... I started to develop a plug-in and then they
announced the Sirius-XM merger. Then on top of that, I stumbled upon a
python script called sipie (which is what ended up being the core of the
Wiki article) and decided that I didn't need to invest a lot of time
into a plug-in that could end up being defunct in a few months. At any
rate, check it out and let me know what you think and please feel free
to correct the Wiki or add any useful information you discover.

The article is listed in the How-To section of the Wiki and/or directly
at this URL: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Integrate_Sirius

--
Josh