[mythtv-users] Default Buttons

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Fri Apr 6 14:30:15 UTC 2007

I got fussed at for sending this to the "wrong"
list so I'll post it again over here...

With the classic menu theme
(/usr/share/mythtv/themes/classic) I can quickly
snap a button on the screen to do  something like
a EXEC or generate a new MENU, but I can't seem to
figure it out on the default theme
(/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default)... The DVR menu
(/usr/share/mythtv/themes/DVR) theme is not the
one I'm looking for either. Maybe I have to do
something specific to the theme being used or is
that what the "classic" menu theme eliminates and
I am actually doing it the correct way?

I am working on a "hack" and I am creating the
Wiki for it and I want to cover as many
possibilities as I can. I got this working on my
system by simply switching to the classic menu
theme and hacking it up to look very similar to
the "default" I was using before hacking in the
buttons. But for some reason it lags in
performance to the default theme.

Can someone help me out or get me pointed in the
right direction?

--
Josh