[mythtv-users] Play in reverse (-1x)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Apr 6 12:59:21 UTC 2007

On 04/05/2007 08:52 PM, David Fishburn wrote:
> I found this web page:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Telnet_socket
>
> Which indicates:
> play speed -1x        - Playback at normal speed in reverse
>

> Which is exactly what I want to do, except I can't figure out how to do it.
>
> I looked at the keybindings in MythWeb, using "a", "j", "u", I can modify
> forward time stretch but I can't figure out how to get it in reverse.  If I
> slow it down it eventually pauses instead of going negative (or in reverse).

That's not time stretch (time warp, maybe?).  Hit '<' (a.k.a. sticky
rewind--which can be enabled as the default rewind mode).  Use '<' and
'>' to adjust speed.  Also, see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/132808#132808 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/158632#158632 .

Mike