[mythtv-users] Myth Front End can't connect with database

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Apr 6 02:15:47 UTC 2007

Andrew Robinson wrote:
> I am experiencing the exact same problem. If I turn off iptables on the
> backend server, the frontend connects and works. I have opened all the
> recommended ports on the backend but when I turn on iptables, I get the
> same set of error messages. I offer this as a clue.
THAT sounds like the port is being refused.

Fedora has a little program called lokkit which allows you to open/close
particular ports. If an 'iptables -F' allows you 'in', then the port is
normally closed. Use lokkit to open 6543/6544/6545  (going from memory
on those numbers)...Open both TCP and UDP.

Geoff