[mythtv-users] Hijacked - PVR-500

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 21:16:54 UTC 2007

> Well, in Time Warner's defence, Anandtech was a little dumb, there.
> Anyone who's read about CableCard knows that the card and device are
> married, so sticking the card in one of their TVs and then moving it
> to a PC is a dumb thing to do.  After that, it was just signal
> strength issues, which anyone with a PVR-500 can relate to.

Sorry to hijack this thread on Cable Card (btw - I always thought you
could take one cable card and move it from device to device with no
problems.  Live and learn!), but regarding the PVR-500:

Mine worked fantastic right out of the box.  Just curious: how lucky was
I?  Are there any stats on how likely you are to get ghosting, static,
or other visual artifacts due to inappropriate signal strength?