[mythtv-users] Cannot seek with live tv recordings.

Jon jon at sd-6.org
Thu Apr 5 20:19:20 UTC 2007

This issue is not mine but a friends.  He is running svn rev. 13123 and has
been having this problem since back around rev 12000 range.  I don't have
the exact revision this started happening in and quite honestly don't think
it's a regression bug.

The problem is that he cannot seek in live tv recordings.  Myth says the
files are either only a few seconds long or _VERY_ long (days, maybe weeks).
Have tried repairing the DB, dumping the DB, mythcommflag --rebuild, and
mythtranscode --buildindex, even rebuilt his machine from Ubuntu Etch to
Debian Sid.

The only thing that seems to work is to use mencoder to rebuild the index
and run mythcommflag --rebuild on the file.

Now if he stops the recording at any time before the end of the program, the
seeking appears to be fine.  If he lets the recording carry over into the
next program it is corrupt.  It would seem that it is doing something at the
end of the recording that is only done if it reaches the end of the program.
I've had him run the backend with verbose logging and nothing is jumping out
at me.  I think he may also have the same problem with scheduled recordings,
but it is more of a random occurance there.

Any ideas?

Thanks
-Jon